McCarthy promises to boot three controversial Democrats from committees if Speaker
Eric Swalwell and Adam Schiff to be removed from Intel Committee and Ilhan Omar from Foreign Affairs.
House Republican Leader Kevin McCarthy said Sunday that if elected Speaker he will jettison Democratic Reps. Adam Schiff, Eric Swalwell and Ilhan Omar from congressional committees for past conduct.
McCarthy told Fox News’ Maria Bartiromo that he will make good on his promise to boot the three Democrats, singling out Swalwell as an inappropriate choice for House Intelligence because of his prior relationship with a suspected Chinese spy.
“One thing I said from the very beginning, Eric Swalwell cannot get a security clearance in the public sector," he said. "Why would we ever give him a security clearance and the secrets to America? So, I will not allow him to be on Intel.
He added that Schiff’s advocacy of the now discredited Steele dossier and Omar’s criticism of Israel disqualified them from serving on Intelligence and Foreign Affairs committees respectively.
“You have Adam Schiff, who lied to the American public time and again. “We will not allow him to be on the Intel Committee either," he continued. "Look at Congresswoman Omar, her antisemitic comments that have gone forward. We're not going to allow her to be on Foreign Affairs."
Just News, No Noise
- Rigorous international study of N95 masks upends federal COVID narrative
- Treasury IG says Trump IRS audits of Comey, McCabe were done at random
- WH press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre called out for saying Biden has visited border
- Ye suspended from Twitter by Musk after swastika post
- Sen. Marsha Blackburn says there will be oversight hearings regarding big tech censorship