McConnell offers support for short-term extension of debt ceiling, compromise with Senate Democrats
The Kentucky Republican made the offer to leaders of the Democrat-controlled Senate
Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell on Wednesday offered a short-term suspension of the U.S. debt ceiling to avoid the U.S. defaulting on its debt in the coming day, resulting in a potential economic crisis.
The Kentucky Republican made the offer to leaders of the Democrat-controlled Senate until they can pass a more permanent measure before the year's end.
The U.S.was projected to hit its debt ceiling by Oct. 18.
Just News, No Noise
- Capitol Police, FBI uncover new potential deadly risk to female officers from body armor
- 'Kick non-woke patients to the curb'? Mass General Brigham speech code includes blacklist on care
- Bar association under fire for proposal to abandon LSAT after study shows minorities score lower
- Respect for Marriage Act pending in Senate is raising constitutional concerns
- Cambridge Trinity College dean defends sermon on Jesus being 'trans,' having 'vaginal' side wound