'Squad' member Ilhan Omar survives tough Democratic primary in Minnesota
Omar is the third "Squad" member to win her primary bid during this cycle so far.
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
Freshman Minnesota Rep. Ilhan Omar on Tuesday clinched victory in her Democratic primary contest, defeating Antone Melton-Meaux who spent significantly more on TV advertising than the current congresswoman, according to Politico.
Omar is one of the four progressive female House members who comprise the so-called "The Squad," which also includes Reps. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez of New York, Rashida Tlaib of Michigan and Ayanna Pressley of Massachusetts.
News, Not Noise
- Treasury flagged foreign money flowing to Hunter Biden-tied firms as ‘suspicious’
- AG Barr rebukes career DOJ prosecutors for political 'headhunting,' insubordination
- Model that predicted 5 of past 6 presidential elections has Trump in 2020 by 'landslide'
- Trump shattered diplomatic norms, rejected establishment to pave way for historic Middle East peace
- Fox host rebukes Gingrich on-air: Soros campaign funding of left-wing DAs is taboo topic