Top Oversight Republican calls on FBI director to probe Hunter Biden's CCP-tied business partner
Messages from Bao show that in late 2018 she urged Biden to have his father run for Oval Office
Rep. James Comer, the top Republican on the House Oversight and Reform Committee, is urging FBI Director Christopher Wray to investigate Hunter Biden's relationship with his former business partner who has been linked to the Chinese Communist Party.
Before becoming a business partner with the president's son, JiaQi Bao worked for China's National Development and Reform Commission, which approves projects that receive foreign funding, Comer said.
Bao helped the Biden family as they worked with Chinese energy firm CEFC Beijing International, a top energy company that gave the Bidens a $5 million interest-free, forgivable loan, Just the News reported last week.
Comer, of Kentucky, told "Just the News, No Noise" earlier this month: "We're investigating Hunter Biden not to get Hunter Biden. We're investigating Hunter Biden because he's a national security threat."
Media reports and documents reviewed by Republicans on the Oversight committee show that Bao and Biden had a relationship that "extended beyond professional obligations – a common tactic employed by Chinese intelligence agents," Comer said Wednesday.
Messages from Bao show that in late 2018 she urged Biden to have his father, now President Joe Biden, run for the Oval Office. He announced his campaign several months later.
"The FBI’s lack of interest in Biden family dealings is troubling" Comer also said. "The national security threat of an [foreign intelligence service] gaining access to a presidential family’s sensitive information is too great to ignore."
Just News, No Noise
- Article III Project founder believes Jim Jordan has no intention of holding Big Tech accountable
- Arrest warrant out for Cincinnati Bengals running back Joe Mixon: reports
- 'Little to no difference': Massive mask meta-study undermines remaining COVID mandates
- Long COVID hotbed? CDC jeered for non-peer-reviewed study of pricey university near White House
- Raskin's office: GOP telling congressman to remove head scarf amid cancer battle misunderstanding