Vice President Harris votes to confirm Kiran Ahuja to helm OPM, breaking 50-50 Senate deadlock
Harris's vote tipped the scale after lawmakers had split 50-50 in a party line vote on the Biden nominee.
Vice President Kamala Harris served as the tie-breaking vote to confirm Kiran Ahuja to serve as the director of the Office of Personnel Management.
Harris's vote tipped the scale after lawmakers deadlocked 50-50 in a party-line vote on the Biden nominee.
The Senate is currently comprised of 50 Republicans, 48 Democrats and 2 Independents who caucus with the Democrats, but Democrats control the majority due to the vice president's tie-breaking vote.
News, Not Noise
- Rep. Jim Jordan slams FBI Director Wray for not answering Congressional oversight requests
- Former Matt Drudge deputy starts rival to Drudge Report
- Pennsylvania Senate leaders question 'aggressive' decertification of voting machines
- Fewer colleges railroad accused students after Trump Title IX change, analysis finds
- FBI Sexcapades: Bureau rocked by illicit office romances, workplace harassment