Fox News sends Tucker Carlson cease-and-desist letter over Twitter show
The conservative commentator's lawyer, Harmeet Dhillon, also said she will not appear on the Fox New Channel until the network "stops trying to silence Tucker."
Fox News sent a cease-and-desist letter Monday to former host Tucker Carlson for allegedly breaking his contract with the cable TV news network by launching his own show on Twitter.
Carlson's attorneys were informed last week that he breached his contract by launching his own show on Twitter, and the latest legal letter was confirmed on Twitter by Harmeet Dhillon, an attorney representing the commentator.
"My friend and client @TuckerCarlson will not be silenced — by the far left or by Fox News," Dhillon tweeted with a link to an Axios story about Fox's letter to Carlson.
Dhillon also said she will not appear on Fox until the network "stops trying to silence Tucker."
Carlson's new show, "Tucker on Twitter," surpassed more than 100 million views within less than two days since its launch.