Judge dismisses drunk driving charge against Bruce Springsteen
Springsteen will reportedly have to pay a $500 fine in connection to the 2020 charge.
A judge in New Jersey on Wednesday dropped drunken driving charge against Bruce Springsteen.
The New Jersey native and American folk rocker will have to pay a $500 fine in connection to the 2020 charge, according to the Associated Press.
The judge also reportedly dismissed a reckless driving charge against the 71-year-old Springsteen, saying his blood-alcohol level was too low to find him guilty of the charges.
However, Springsteen pleaded guilty to the charge of consuming alcohol in a closed area.
He acknowledge consuming two shots of tequila last November in the Gateway National Recreation Area, in the Sandy Hook, N.J. area, which from the New York City skyline can be seen vantage points along the Atlantic Ocean.
News, Not Noise
- Sen. Rand Paul says Dr. Anthony Fauci is an elitist who 'thinks he's smarter than the rest of us'
- Sen. Ted Cruz says Biden's comments on Chauvin trial supplied grounds for mistrial
- Merkel says she criticizes Putin 'directly,' after Biden admits on TV he thinks he's a 'killer'
- Columnist, pundit Juan Williams says TV show host rejected him for not being 'black enough'
- Ocasio-Cortez: House GOP censuring Waters 'because they don't have any ideas of their own'