Trump vows to sue Fox News for running attack ad from Lincoln Project
"See you all in Court!!!"
Donald Trump vowed to sue Fox News and the Lincoln Project after airing an attack ad accusing the former president of raising money to support his business instead of a potential political comeback.
"The Perverts and Lowlifes of the Lincoln Project are back on, where else, Fox News. I thought they ran away to the asylum after their last catastrophic campaign, with charges made against them that were big time sleaze, and me getting many millions more votes in 2020 than I got in 2016," Trump wrote on Truth Social.
"The Paul Ryun [sic] run Fox only has high standards for 'Trump' ads, but not for anyone else," he continued. "The Perverts should not be allowed to 'false advertise,' and Fox News should not allow it to happen. See you all in Court!!!"
The New York Daily News pointed to a recent Lincoln Project ad entitled "Sucker" which warned Trump's supporters that he doesn't care about winning back the White House. Trump did not directly reference the ad.
Lincoln Project cofounder Rick Wilson dismissed Trump's comments.
Trump has long been critical of Fox News for its alleged drift away from conservatives. He has routinely denounced network personalities who have criticized him, most notably Chris Wallace, who later left Fox for CNN.
Just News, No Noise
- GOP Rep roils hearing when asking witness why Hunter Biden not prosecuted for falsifying gun buy app
- In prison tweets, Avenatti warns unseen evidence may benefit Trump in Bragg case
- Effort to squash Biden family stories long predated Hunter laptop, newly released emails reveal
- Appeals court blocks Biden vaccine mandate for government workers
- Cohen attorney letter to FEC appears to undercut DA Bragg's Trump case