Utah GOP Sen. Romney backs Trump filling Justice Ginsburg seat this year
Romney's support was unclear until Tuesday.
Utah GOP Sen. Mitt Romney said Tuesday that he would support a floor vote on President Trump’s Supreme Court nominee.
Romney told reporters on Capitol Hill that he would support the vote but would not discuss such "hypotheticals" including would he still support such a vote if it was held after the Nov. 3 election and Trump lost.
Still, Romney's support, which was unclear until Tuesday, appears to give Trump enough votes in the GOP-controlled Senate get a nominee confirmed to the high court.
Ginsburg died Friday from complications from cancer.
News, Not Noise
- Rudy Giuliani files police report on purported Hunter Biden laptop, alleging child endangerment
- Biden finally breaks silence on son Hunter's laptop
- Two huge new developments emerge in Hunter Biden laptop saga
- Breaking with media polls, Trump debate strategy to pummel Biden on corruption
- Republican senators propose constitutional amendment to keep number of Supreme Court justices at 9