Florida GOP Gov. DeSantis announces state gives $1,000 each to 174,000 first-responders, 'heroes'
"In Florida, we’re funding them & then some," DeSantis said.
Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis announced Thursday that first-responders across the state are each getting a $1,000 bonus, while apparently take a dig at governments across the country defunding such first-responder units like police departments.
"In Florida, we’re funding them & then some by providing all of our heroes $1,000 bonuses," the Republican governor tweeted.
DeSantis said over 174,000 first-responders will get a bonus.
Democrat-run cites such as Minnesota and Portland began "defunding" – or cutting the budgets of – their police respective departments last year following a series of 2020 incidents in which black males died during an interaction with police.
News, not Noise
- New Durham indictment exposes second leg of Hillary Clinton's Russia collusion dirty trick
- FLASHBACK: Biden, Buttigieg and Harris supported banning sale of gas and diesel vehicles in U.S.
- Robin Hood in reverse? Democrats plan $12,500 tax credits for pricey electric car purchases
- New York governor orders release of nearly 200 inmates at Rikers Island
- Biden halts U.S. border wall, but helps former Soviet republic keep out Afghan refugees