Capitol Police chief is resigning following the Wednesday breach of the U.S. Capitol building
Sund's resignation will be effective Jan. 16, according to reports.
Following the breach of the Capitol building on Wednesday, U.S. Capitol Police Chief Steven Sund is resigning from his position.
"I am respectfully submitting my letter of resignation, effective Sunday, January 16, 2021," Sund wrote in a letter dated January 7.
"As discussed, I will transition into a sick leave status effective January 17, 2021, until I exhaust my available sick leave balance of approximately 440 hours," the letter noted.
News, Not Noise
- Health officials less confident in COVID vaccine efficacy with rise of Delta variant
- CDC justified new mask guidance based on vaccine study listed as failing peer review
- Black leaders cite wide gap between Washington solutions, what middle class black voters want
- Legal effort targets Minnesota government promotion of critical race theory, Black Lives Matter
- MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell says he's pulling ads from Fox News following disagreement