'Pride Fest' in Illinois town to feature 'Youth Drag Show,' 'Drag Queen Story Hour'
It is unclear whether there are any age restrictions on the "Youth Drag Show."
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
A "Pride Fest" is being held in Decatur, Illinois, that will feature a "Drag Queen Story Hour" followed by a "Youth Drag Show" later this month.
This is the third Decatur Pride Fest to be held in the town of about 70,000 people. Organizer Mark Schleter told Just the News that he expects this to be the best pride yet.
The event will also feature a "Pets of Pride," where animals can dress up in pride colors, and a "Pet Fashion Show," where owners will dress up in matching outfits with their pets.
It is unclear whether there are any age restrictions on the "Youth Drag Show."` Schleter said he is not running that specific part of the event, but the only requirement he knows of is that the participants must "be a youth."
The adult drag show will feature a few out-of-town and local drag queens.
Overall, responses to the event on the organization's Facebook page have been positive, but Schleter said he is concerned about event security and has contacted multiple local law enforcement organizations ahead of the pride fest.
The event is sponsored by various local organizations and residents, including Decatur's First Presbyterian Church and the Decatur Audubon Society.
Just News, No Noise
- Scientist who worked closely with the Wuhan lab says COVID was genetically engineered and leaked
- Justices puzzled by Colorado's argument for forcing Christian designer to make gay wedding websites
- Calls for investigations grow over Katie Hobbs' alleged use of Twitter censorship, 1A issues
- New Hampshire senators skipping WH event to protest Biden support for Dem primary changes
- Louisiana, Missouri AGs release 359-page Fauci deposition in social media collusion lawsuit