Iowa parent group sues school district for allegedly hiding children’s gender transitions
Students as young as 12 can work with their school to put together a "gender support plan"
An Iowa parents advocacy group is suing a school district for allegedly hiding children's gender transitions from parents.
Parents Defending Education is suing the Linn-Mar Community School District over so-called "gender support plans," which the group says were concealed from parents, according to the Daily Wire.
The lawsuit was filed Tuesday in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Iowa.
The suit against the Cedar Rapids-area school district is among the latest in which parents have faced off with school districts, school boards and other educational institutions and officials over curricula and gender issues, in which parents argue they are not being fully informed about what’s going on inside classrooms.
“Nearly a century of Supreme Court precedent makes two things clear: parents have a constitutional liberty interest in the care, custody, and control of their children, and students do not abandon their First Amendment rights at the schoolhouse gate," reads the suit.
The suit also alleges the district is "flouting both of these constitutional guarantees" by allowing children to make “fundamentally important decisions concerning their gender identity without any parental involvement and to then hide these decisions from their parents."
Students 12 and older can work with their school to put together a "gender support plan” under the district's "Transgender and Students Nonconforming to Gender Role Stereotypes" policy, the Daily Wire also reports.
News, not Noise
- Kamala Harris casts tiebreaking vote as Biden’s massive spending and tax package advances in Senate
- Video shows children in Texas taking oath to be 'martyrs' for Iran's supreme leader
- Biden’s Inflation Reduction Act would increase taxes on nearly all Americans
- Even blue cities now want Biden to pay for cost of his open border policies
- Bernie Sanders slams Biden’s Inflation Reduction Act for failing to live up to name