One dead, 11 wounded during Minneapolis shooting
Participants fled the scene on foot, police said.
June 21, 2020 - 11:08am
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
One person was killed and 11 others were wounded during a shooting rampage in Minneapolis, according to police.
The 11 who were wounded suffered non-life-threatening injuries, according to a tweet from the Minneapolis Police Department.
"No one was in custody in connection with the shooting as of 4 a.m., according to a police release that said preliminary investigation indicated that 'individuals on foot' started shooting around 12:30 a.m. and later fled the scene," the Associated Press reported.
One person died at the hospital, the outlet reported, citing a police daily media briefing sheet.
The Minneapolis Police Department captured national attention last month following the May 25 death of George Floyd that sparked protests across the country.
News, Not Noise
- Vindicated? Trump-touted COVID-19 drug hydroxychloroquine works, according to new study
- House Democrat Schiff had intel back in February of Russian bounties on U.S. soldiers: report
- Congresswoman on reparations: It's America's 'responsibility to pay her debt' for slavery
- Texas hospital CEO: COVID inpatient count 'misinterpreted,' level of alarm 'unwarranted'
- Major Pizza Hut, Wendy's franchisee files for bankruptcy