Small jet crashes in San Diego area, downing power lines
No survivors were found, and more than 600 homes were left without power.
Updated: December 28, 2021 - 8:19am
A Learjet crashed Monday night in the El Cajon neighborhood near San Diego, downing power lines and leaving a fiery wreckage scattered around suburban homes.
The San Diego Sheriff’s Office said the small jet was heading to Gillespie Field when it ran into power lines during a rainstorm and broke apart.
There were no survivors, though the total number of victims was not immediately released.
There were no injuries on the ground, but about 600 homes lost power, officials said.
Officials from the Federal Aviation Administration and the National Transportation Safety Board were notified to begin an investigation.
Just News, No Noise
- Manchin caves, Senate advances continuing resolution without permitting reform
- Ex-FBI official who led Unabomber task force decries deployment of SWAT teams for Jan. 6 arrests
- At White House conference, Biden appears to search for congresswoman who died last month
- Trump pleads for Biden to make Russia-Ukraine deal, offers to help negotiate
- FBI had 5 informants with Oath Keepers, none provided evidence of guilt: Defense lawyer