Biden's Inauguration Day rehearsal canceled, Capitol evacuated for 'external security threat'
The threat seems to be related to a fire under a bridge near the Capitol complex.
The rehearsal on Capitol Hill on Monday for Joe Biden's inauguration was canceled, and those in attendance were told to evacuate as the result of an "external security threat," according to news reports and social media posts.
The evacuation from the west side of the U.S. Capitol Building was being reported by The Daily Mail.
Fox News Congressional Correspondent Chad Pergram tweeted that the threat was under the bridge near the Capitol Building on I-295 at First and F streets, SE and that staff and other personnel are directed to avoid coming to the Capitol complex area until further notice.
Another social media post, with a picture, states the fire is at a "homeless encampment."
Just News, No Noise
- Article III Project founder believes Jim Jordan has no intention of holding Big Tech accountable
- Arrest warrant out for Cincinnati Bengals running back Joe Mixon: reports
- 'Little to no difference': Massive mask meta-study undermines remaining COVID mandates
- Long COVID hotbed? CDC jeered for non-peer-reviewed study of pricey university near White House
- Raskin's office: GOP telling congressman to remove head scarf amid cancer battle misunderstanding