Former DHS Chief says Democrats are trying to fix border crisis from DC, don't understand severity
Wolf said that the border issue has to keep being talked about in order to keep drawing attention to the crisis
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
Former Acting Secretary of the Department of Homeland Security Chad Wolf said that a lot of politicians seem to want to fix the crisis at the border, but don't understand the realities of it.
"You've got Democratic lawmakers that are trying to fix the border from D.C. having never stepped foot there and not understanding the realities of it," Wolf said on the Thursday edition of the "Just the News, No Noise" TV show.
Record numbers of illegal migrants entered the United States last fiscal year, causing issues for border states such as Texas and Arizona.
The Biden administration has gotten a lot of pushback from Republicans for not addressing the issue over the past two years.
Wolf said that the key to the border issue is to keep drawing attention to the crisis.
"Every time I get tired of talking about it, I want to talk about it one hundred more times, because you need it to sink in," he continued. "You need people to hear this day in and day out about the crisis on the border, that there continues to...be a crisis, that it's self-imposed by the Biden administration. But there are solutions. They just won't implement any of them."
Just News, No Noise
- Michigan project with $1.14B in taxpayer backing must adhere to Chinese communist rules
- GOP Rep roils hearing when asking witness why Hunter Biden not prosecuted for falsifying gun buy app
- 'Race to the bottom': Legal experts fear escalation spiral ahead of possible Trump indictment
- North Carolina governor vetoes pistol permit repeal
- Whitmer signs bill repealing Michigan's right to work law