SEAL Team 8 member dies after training accident
The accident is under investigation, the Navy said.
A Navy special warfare service member assigned to SEAL Team 8 died Tuesday at a civilian hospital in Virginia after being injured in a training accident over the weekend, the Navy confirmed.
"A servicemember assigned to SEAL Team 8 died on Dec. 7 at Norfolk Sentara General Hospital in Norfolk, Virginia, after sustaining injuries during training on Dec. 4 in Virginia Beach, Virginia," Lt. Cmdr. Kara Handley of Naval Special Warfare Command told Just the News.
"The details of the tragic accident are currently under investigation and findings will be made available at the appropriate time," Handley also said.
SEAL Team 8 is among the Naval Special Warfare units that took part in Operation Anaconda, and the Battle of Takur Ghar, during the war in Afghanistan.
Just News, No Noise
- 'Results are changing quickly': Media, Big Tech take pains to bury Pfizer 'mutate' video
- House GOP locates emails, texts showing Pelosi office directly involved in failed Jan. 6 security
- Brits yank back COVID vaccination program as US plunges forward with one-size-fits-all strategy
- Ford recalls nearly half a million cars over rear view camera defect
- Memphis releases video footage of police altercation with Tyre Nichols