SEAL Team 8 member dies after training accident
The accident is under investigation, the Navy said.
A Navy special warfare service member assigned to SEAL Team 8 died Tuesday at a civilian hospital in Virginia after being injured in a training accident over the weekend, the Navy confirmed.
"A servicemember assigned to SEAL Team 8 died on Dec. 7 at Norfolk Sentara General Hospital in Norfolk, Virginia, after sustaining injuries during training on Dec. 4 in Virginia Beach, Virginia," Lt. Cmdr. Kara Handley of Naval Special Warfare Command told Just the News.
"The details of the tragic accident are currently under investigation and findings will be made available at the appropriate time," Handley also said.
SEAL Team 8 is among the Naval Special Warfare units that took part in Operation Anaconda, and the Battle of Takur Ghar, during the war in Afghanistan.
News, not Noise
- GOP Reps. Jordan, Johnson demand FBI respond to concerns about possible FISA application violations
- Whistleblower bombshell: DOD medical data reveals surges in oft-cited vax 'adverse events' in 2021
- Truckers inspired by Canada begin 'freedom' convoys around the world
- Infectious disease expert at Fauci's NIAID undercuts the boss by challenging school mask mandates
- Pfizer attempts to intervene after FDA asks court to delay publication of 55,000 pages on vaccine