DeSantis says Biden flying border migrants to Florida is 'human smuggling operation'
Governor's office reports over 70 such flights since this past summer
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
Florida GOP Gov. Ron DeSantis on Monday heightened his criticism of President Biden's immigration policy, saying that dozens of night-time flights in recent months bringing migrants to Jacksonville from the southern U.S. border is tantamount to a "human smuggling operation."
DeSantis' office reports over 70 such flights since this past summer.
"A few weeks ago, one of those people that Biden dumped ended up committing a murder in northeast Florida," DeSantis told the Fox News Channel. "So, these are crimes that would not have happened but for Biden’s recklessness."
The governor suggested he wants to transfer the migrants in his state to Biden's home state of Delaware.
"We have $8 million in my new budget to be able to do that," he said.
"We also look to these [airline] carriers that the federal government is contracting with, and we are going to pass legislation that says, 'If you are facilitating Biden's policies, which is effectively a mass human smuggling operation, you are not going to be able to do business with the state of Florida or other local governments.
"And we are going to charge you restitution for each individual that you are bringing.' "
Just News, No Noise
- AZ Senate rocked by claims of election violations, as Lake presses appeal in challenge to 2022 vote
- Chinese Communist Party-linked companies are purchasing U.S. military academies, congressman warns
- From colds to commotio cordis, medical pundits reaching to rule out COVID vax in health scares
- McConnell yanks GOP Sen. Scott from Commerce Committee after failed leadership challenge
- Hunter Biden demands investigations into reporting on his laptop, threatens to sue Tucker Carlson