Illegal immigrant students in Virginia to be eligible for student financial aid
Democratic governor signed bill on Friday
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
Illegal immigrants present in the state of Virginia will be eligible for state student financial aid starting in the fall of 2022 following a law signed by Democratic Gov. Ralph Northam on Friday.
The bill, passed by the state’s Democratic-controlled legislature, comes on the heels of one last year that permits illegal immigrants to pay in-state tuition rates at state colleges and universities.
The measure was part of several recent progressive laws signed by Northam, bills the governor claimed will “boost civic engagement and help us continue building a stronger, more inclusive commonwealth."
News, Not Noise
- Prominent lawyer Sidney Powell defends self against a $2.5 billion Smartmatic defamation lawsuit
- Detroit absentee ballot instructions conflict with witness testimony about irregularities
- Zuckerberg group gave Detroit $7.4 million to 'dramatically' expand vote in city key to Biden win
- Nevada GOP censures Republican state official over allegations of 2020 voter fraud
- All eyes on Taiwan as U.S.-China tensions, rhetoric heat up