Cuomo: 'Here in New York we actually read the bible'
Gov. Andrews Cuomo holds press conference
June 3, 2020 - 1:19pm
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
Gov. Andrew Cuomo took a swipe at President Trump on Wednesday for staging a photo holding a Bible in front of a church near the White House.
“The president held up the Bible the other day in Washington, D.C.,” Cuomo said. “Here in New York we actually read the Bible."
The governor began the press conference by reading verses from the Bible that he said “are especially appropriate for today in this time of where we are,” as protests over the death of George Floyd continue to rock New York City and the country.
"I'm not playing politics with the President. When he does the right thing by New York, I say he did the right thing by New York. Democrats don't like me to say that. It's the truth. When he does a bad thing for New York, I say did a bad thing."
News, Not Noise
- COVID-19 is close to losing its epidemic status in the U.S., according to the CDC
- Texas hospital CEO: COVID inpatient count 'misinterpreted,' level of alarm 'unwarranted'
- Russian-born scholar: False allegations of affair with Flynn used as pretext for FBI probe
- After being exempt from closure, California Gov. Newsom's winery shuts down following backlash
- Diamond and Silk: White liberals talk systemic racism, yet they 'put the systems in place'