Biden slammed after appearing to check watch while greeting bodies of fallen soldiers
Conservatives light up Twitter after scene a Dover Air Force Base.
Already under fire for a messy Afghan exit plan, President Joe Biden on Sunday endured fresh criticism for apparently checking his watch while greeting the bodies of fallen soldiers at Dover Air Force Base.
Footage showed the president glancing down at the watch on his left wrist midway through the ceremony, shortly after placing his hand over his heart to salute the caskets of soldiers who died in the bombing in Kabul last week.
Conservatives immediately lit up social media with criticism.
"Many of us remember Pres Bush 41 checking his watch during a debate and how awful it looked (even though we all felt same way about that debate.) But this is shocking and will be remembered," former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee tweeted.
“Let’s see, it’s past my bedtime. What am I doing here? #Afghanistan,” conservative filmmaker and author Dinesh D’Souza wrote on Gettr.
Longtime Fox Business anchor Lou Dobbs tweeted this: “Our leaders are mindless and weak, tempting our enemies, this is among the saddest periods in US history: Joe Biden Checks Watch During The Dignified Transfer Of 13 American Heroes Killed By His Incompetence.”
News, not Noise
- 'The numbers are skewed': Colorado officials warn of inflated COVID death statistics
- Fauci reconsideration of natural immunity used against Michigan State COVID vaccine mandate
- Trump takes apparent swipe at National Guard deployment for 'J6' rally amid border surge
- Robin Hood in reverse? Democrats plan $12,500 tax credits for pricey electric car purchases
- Bill Maher argues 0.81% of New Yorkers pay half the city's taxes, slams 'tax the rich' slogan