Daunte Wright accused of choking, robbing woman at gunpoint, had an arrest warrant
Wright was fatally shot by police after being stopped for an expired license plate.
Daunte Wright, who was fatally shot Sunday by police in Minnesota during a traffic stop, was wanted by authorities in connection with an aggravated armed robbery attempt, according to court records.
Wright, 20, had been charged with first-degree aggravated robbery in the December 2019 incident, and authorities had a related warrant for his arrest at the time of his death.
The case was still pending at the time of Wright's death. His bail was revoked in July for possession of a firearm and not keeping contact with a probation officer.
In the fatally shooting, Police body camera video appears to show Wright trying to get back into his vehicle during the arrest. He drove away after being shot and crashed a short time later. The officer who shot Wright seems to say in the video that she intended to use her Taser gun.
During the robbery attempt, Wright and his friend, with Wright when he was killed, allegedly were at a house party and stayed the night with the two alleged victims because they claimed not to have rides home.
When one victim left to go to work the next day, Wright pulled a handgun on the other victim and demanded she give him the money she had, according to Fox News.
"Give me the f---ing money, I know you have it,” Wright told the victim. "I’m not playing around."
When she did not comply, Wright allegedly choked the victim and tried to take the $820 she had. The two were unable to take the money and left. They were later identified by the woman in a line-up and arrested and released on a $100,000 bail.
News, Not Noise
- House Republicans ask Secretary of State for documents related to Wuhan coronavirus lab
- New NASA head pledges to shoot for Trump 2024 deadline of putting another man on the moon
- Arizona Senate, Maricopa Co. mull next steps in standoff over routers subpoenaed in vote audit
- Fauci's agency spent over $400k on experiments grafting aborted fetal scalps onto mice and rats
- Minnesota school district adopts Black Lives Matter slogan as privileged 'government speech'