Dave Chappelle's alleged attacker faces attempted murder charges in other case
The 23-year-old man now faces attempted murder charges for allegedly stabbing his roommate
Los Angeles County District Attorney George Gascón on Thursday announced he is charging the man who allegedly attacked comedian Dave Chappelle with attempted murder over an unrelated incident.
Isaiah Lee, 23, faces attempted murder charges for allegedly stabbing his roommate in December, Fox News reported.
The Democratic district attorney said Lee's alleged attack against Chappelle created the publicity that helped law enforcement solve the other case.
"The publicity generated by the attack on Mr. Chappelle helped police solve this crime," Gascón said.
"The incident that occurred at the Hollywood Bowl was misdemeanor conduct and rightfully referred to the City Attorney’s Office," he noted. "Based on the nature and severity of the December attack, Mr. Lee is now facing felony charges which my office will prosecute."
Gascón has faced multiple recall attempts over his justice reform policies as Los Angeles crime rates have soared during his tenure.
News, not Noise
- After battling bureaucrats throughout presidency, Trump gets last laugh against 'deep state'
- Bidenomics: 46 states saw GDP decline in first quarter of 2022, federal data shows
- Supreme Court marshal appeals to Virginia, Maryland governors to help stop protests as DOJ demurs
- Twitter dismisses Clarence Thomas threat but censors peer-reviewed study on COVID vax and fertility
- 20 states are using legislation to ban ‘Zuck Bucks’ from elections