Police: Chicago man stabbed wife, mother, two children, family pet before killing self
Couple were reportedly in the process of getting divorce; husband had restraining order.
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
Police in Chicago say a man there stabbed his wife, his two young daughters, his mother and a family pet before fatally stabbing himself, shedding light on the shocking discovery of multiple bodies in an affluent neighborhood this week.
Uncertainty swirled around the identity of the victims after media reports revealed the grim discovery in the Buffalo Grove suburb several miles northwest of downtown Chicago.
Lake County Coroner Jennifer Banek subsequently identified the deceased as Andrei Kisliak, his wife Vera, mother Lilia, and two daughters Vivian Kisliak and Amilia.
Police say Andrei killed the two women and two girls as well as a family pet before taking his own life.
Andrei and Vera were reportedly in the process of a divorce, with Vera having taken out a protective order against her husband earlier in the year.
"Today is a very sad day for our community as we continue to process this unthinkable event,” Buffalo Grove Police Chief Brian Budds said in a press conference on Friday.
Just News, No Noise
- Ariz. secretary of state refers Kari Lake for criminal prosecution over tweeting voter signatures
- 'Little to no difference': Massive mask meta-study undermines remaining COVID mandates
- House votes on SHOW UP Act, GOP bill to return federal employees to workplace
- House to vote Wednesday on booting Rep. Omar from Foreign Affairs Committee
- Board of Trustees oust New College president as DeSantis revamps Florida education