Two officers shot during Philadelphia fireworks display: report
The shooting happened during the fireworks show.
Philadelphia's Emergency Management Office confirmed that a "security incident" occurred and urged people to "avoid the area" on the Benjamin Franklin Parkway shortly after 10 p.m.
A Philadelphia highway patrol officer was grazed in the head while a Montgomery County bomb squad officer, brought in as added security, was shot in the shoulder, Fox stated.
Both officers are stable.
Singer Jason Derulo headlined a concert Monday near where the shooting occurred.
Police told people to shelter in place in the surrounding area, NBC reported.
The Philadelphia Police Department set up a reunification center for people who may have been separated in the chaos.
The shooting occurred after six people were killed in a Chicago-area shooting earlier that day during a parade.
Just News, No Noise
- AZ Senate rocked by claims of election violations, as Lake presses appeal in challenge to 2022 vote
- Chinese Communist Party-linked companies are purchasing U.S. military academies, congressman warns
- From colds to commotio cordis, medical pundits reaching to rule out COVID vax in health scares
- McConnell yanks GOP Sen. Scott from Commerce Committee after failed leadership challenge
- Hunter Biden demands investigations into reporting on his laptop, threatens to sue Tucker Carlson