Air Force diversity festival to include drag show
The event's planners have advertised it as being family friendly
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
Joint Base Langley-Eustis will host a "Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Summer Festival" on Saturday, which will reportedly include a drag show.
Joshua Kelley, whose stage name is Harpy Daniels, will headline the drag show, according to the Daily Wire. The event's planners have advertised it as being family friendly, listing bouncy houses and face painting among the activities for children.
“The goal is to provide education and awareness, increase collaboration through outreach, and recognize the diverse composition of JBLE," a spokesperson told the outlet in a statement. "The theme of the event is ‘Celebrating Differences’ and will feature a number of different performers, guest speakers, and information booths, including Tuskegee Airman, Asian Indians of Hampton, a hula routine, a drag performance, and many others."
“All featured guests will be participating or performing as volunteers," it continued. "The installation assisted by providing funding for logistical requirements, such as a tent, stage, tables and chairs, etc., as specifically authorized by DoD [Department of Defense] regulations and policies."
The military-sponsored drag show comes as the Biden administration draws flak for its efforts to promote a slew of LGBT issues both at home and abroad. The U.S. State Department, in late July, contributed taxpayer funds to "Queer Lisboa," a Portuguese film festival that included a bevy of provocative content, including films that depicted incest, drag culture, and pedophilia.
Just News, No Noise
- Homeland sees ‘heightened threat’ of attacks on churches, cops and feds ahead of 2024 election
- Nearly everyone infected with COVID-19 at CDC event was vaccinated: agency survey
- Debt deal frays GOP unity McCarthy enjoyed since Speaker battle as prominent conservatives bolt
- House Freedom Caucus blasts debt deal: 'This is a career-defining vote for every Republican'
- McCarthy vows to hold FBI Director Wray in contempt over Biden probe