Amazon CEO, billionaire Bezos linked to Washington Football Team sales talk, report
"Keep an eye on the Redskins. It's getting very interesting" – Baltimore-based sports dealmaker John Moag.
Court documents related to a lawsuit connected to Jeff Bezos have provoked speculation that the multibillionaire Amazon CEO could have interest in buying the Washington Football Team if the franchise becomes for sale.
The documents were obtained by the website Front Office Sports and purportedly include an screenshot of a text in which John Moag, founder of the Baltimore-based sports investment banking firm Moag & Co., with whom Bezos' lawyer purportedly has a connection, wrote, "Keep an eye on the Redskins, it's getting very interesting."
The suit is a defamation case filed by attorneys for team majority owner Dan Snyder.
Front Office Sports previously reported Snyder's claims that real estate executive Dwight Schar — one of the NFL team's three minority shareholders — led "an extortion campaign" to force Snyder to sell his stake.
Bezos purchased The Washington Post in 2013 and now lives in the nation's capital.
News, Not Noise
- Trump's post-D.C. plan takes shape with rollout of America First funding, policy, messaging arms
- Oregon considers making mask mandate permanent, infuriating residents
- Arizona Senate on the verge of beginning major audit of Maricopa County ballots
- Hunter Biden's book 'Beautiful Things' sells less than 11k copies in first week, despite PR rush
- As corporations bow to left's agenda, conservatives eye mass boycotts of woke brands