Biden's inauguration to feature Lady Gaga performing the national anthem
Lady Gaga headlines a star-studded lineup of performers that will also feature Jennifer Lopez.
Lady Gaga is set to perform the country's national anthem on Inauguration Day next week when Democrat Joe Biden will be sworn in as the next U.S. president.
The singer-actress will join several other star entertainers for the event including Jennifer Lopez. Lady Gaga will perform "Star-Spangled Banner."
Biden's inaugural committee confirmed Lady Gaga will sing the "Star Spangled Banner," according to The Hill.
Presidential Inaugural Committee CEO Tony Allen said in a statement that the singers symbolize "one clear picture of the grand diversity of our great nation and will help honor and celebrate the time-honored traditions of the presidential inauguration."
Lady Gaga had been a vocal supporter of a Biden presidency during his campaign, having performed at one of his rallies in Pennsylvania in November.
She also shared videos expressing her support of a Biden administration to her millions of Twitter followers.
News, Not Noise
- Blackout: White House curbs press, public access as Biden struggles with public demands of job
- Equality Act sets the stage for first Biden-era battle in the ongoing culture wars
- Cuomo accused of harassment, 'hostility' and 'dirty tricks' against woman while HUD chief
- 'Hard to explain': Scientists struggle to figure out plunging COVID cases
- Civil Rights icon calls white wokeness 'insulting' to black Americans