Infamous ‘Club Kid’ murderer found dead of reported overdose
Michael Alig spent nearly 20 years in jail for killing drug dealer
Michael Alig, the infamous “Club Kid” murderer who spent nearly two decades in jail for killing his drug dealer in 1996, died on Christmas Day of a reported heroin overdose, according to his boyfriend.
Alig was part of the Club Kid coterie in late 1980s and early 1990s New York City, known for their appearances at New York dance clubs and their after-dark, often drug-fueled, party lifestyles.
The movement broke up in 1996 after Alig killed and dismembered his alleged drug dealer, Andre Melendez, over a dispute involving drug money. Alig would go on to spend 17 years in prison, being released in 2014.
His boyfriend announced on Christmas Day that Alig had been found unresponsive in their New York City apartment after allegedly using heroin. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Alig was 54 years old at the time of his death.
News, Not Noise
- Bombshell revelations as Trump declassifies all FBI documents in Russia probe
- Trump declassifying trove of FBI memos exposing Steele's motivations, ties to impeachment witness
- Poll: Strong majority of GOP voters see themselves as Republicans instead of 'MAGA Nation'
- President Trump in statement: 'I will always be committed to stopping the endless wars'
- Liberal activist arrested, charged with participating in Capitol riot