Music producer Phil Spector, who was convicted of second-degree murder, has died
The California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation said Spector died of natural causes.
Music producer and songwriter Phil Spector, who had been convicted of second-degree murder and was serving prison time, died on Saturday.
The California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation issued a press release that said Spector died of natural causes.
The statement noted that Spector "was pronounced deceased of natural causes at 6:35 p.m. on Saturday, January 16, 2021, at an outside hospital. His official cause of death will be determined by the medical examiner in the San Joaquin County Sheriff’s Office."
News, Not Noise
- Blackout: White House curbs press, public access as Biden struggles with public demands of job
- Equality Act sets the stage for first Biden-era battle in the ongoing culture wars
- Cuomo accused of harassment, 'hostility' and 'dirty tricks' against woman while HUD chief
- 'Hard to explain': Scientists struggle to figure out plunging COVID cases
- Civil Rights icon calls white wokeness 'insulting' to black Americans