Original Lynyrd Skynyrd guitarist Gary Rossington dead at 71
Rossington cheated death on multiple occasions.
Updated: March 6, 2023 - 10:55am
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
Lynyrd Skynyrd guitarist Gary Rossington, the southern rock band's last surviving original member, has died at the age of 71.
"It is with our deepest sympathy and sadness that we have to advise, that we lost our brother, friend, family member, songwriter and guitarist, Gary Rossington, today," the band posted Sunday evening on Facebook.
His cause of death was not immediately clear.
Rossington cheated death on multiple occasions, Rolling Stone reported. In 1976, he survived driving his vehicle into the tree. One year later, he survived a plane crash that killed the band's lead singer Ronnie Van Zant, guitarist Steve Gaines and backup singer Cassie Gaines.
Just News, No Noise
- DHS heavily redacted Disinformation Board emails despite claiming agency had nothing to hide
- Two years later, Jan. 6 video footage raises new questions about police and prosecutors
- Durham bombshell: Prosecutor unveils smoking gun FBI text message, 'joint venture' to smear Trump
- Accused GOP Rep: J6 panel knowingly peddled false 'political narrative' of Jan. 5 recon of Capitol
- Senate votes 66-30 to repeal military force authorizations used to fight Iraq