Original Lynyrd Skynyrd guitarist Gary Rossington dead at 71
Rossington cheated death on multiple occasions.
Updated: March 6, 2023 - 10:55am
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
Lynyrd Skynyrd guitarist Gary Rossington, the southern rock band's last surviving original member, has died at the age of 71.
"It is with our deepest sympathy and sadness that we have to advise, that we lost our brother, friend, family member, songwriter and guitarist, Gary Rossington, today," the band posted Sunday evening on Facebook.
His cause of death was not immediately clear.
Rossington cheated death on multiple occasions, Rolling Stone reported. In 1976, he survived driving his vehicle into the tree. One year later, he survived a plane crash that killed the band's lead singer Ronnie Van Zant, guitarist Steve Gaines and backup singer Cassie Gaines.
Just News, No Noise
- Joe Biden bribery allegations involve Ukraine, first raised with FBI in 2017, key investigator says
- Christian man arrested for quoting Bible verse at pride event
- Matt Gaetz introduces resolution to hold former Trump probe prosecutor Mark Pomerantz in contempt
- J6 Unmasked: Security footage confirms Capitol door opened, allowing 300 to enter building freely
- FBI harbored Biden allegations since 2017, through impeachment, election, lawmaker says