Philadelphia Eagles wide receiver 'penalized' after anti-Semitic post praising Hitler
The team reportedly leveled a fine against the player for his remarks.
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
Philadelphia Eagles wide receiver DeSean Jackson has been "penalized" and reportedly fined after an inflammatory social media post that spread an anti-Semitic trope and also praised Hitler for being "right."
Jackson generated controversy this week when he posted a quote incorrectly attributed to Adolf Hitler, one claiming that "white Jews knows that the Negroes are the real Children of Israel and to keep Americas secret the Jews will blackmail America." The post also stated that "Hitler was right."
The Philadelphia Eagles released a statement on Friday evening in which the team said the preceding week had been a "difficult and emotional [one] for our community and organization."
Stating that the team does "not tolerate hate towards any individual or group," the Eagles said they had had "a number of constructive conversations over the last few days" with both Jackson, other Eagles players, and "leaders in the community."
The announcement stated that the Eagles had "penalized DeSean for conduct detrimental to the team" and that they were developing "a concrete plan for how we and he can heal moving forward."
A source told ESPN, meanwhile, that Jackson had been fined for the post.
The Eagles in their announcement stated that the team "need[s] to listen and learn more about things that are unfamiliar or uncomfortable to us."
"We must continue to fight against anti-Semitism and all forms of discrimination, while not losing sight of the important battle against systemic racism," they said.
News, Not Noise
- New State memos disclose relentless pressure by Hunter Biden-connected Ukrainian firm
- Stars' donations helped bail out suspects charged with 'murder, violent felonies, sex crimes'
- McConnell: Dems won't allow 'a penny' in stimulus 'unless Texas and Florida bail out New Jersey'
- DOJ lawyer suggests possibility that undisclosed info factored into Flynn dismissal request
- 'Squad' member Ilhan Omar survives tough Democratic primary in Minnesota