Long-running TV show 'COPS' going off air
The show first aired on Fox in 1989
The long-running television program "COPS" appears to have been cancelled.
The show “is not on the Paramount Network and we don’t have any current or future plans for it to return,” a network spokesperson said according to media reports.
In the past after Fox cancelled the show it was snatched up by Spike TV in 2013 according to the Hollywood Reporter, which noted that the Spike TV channel was later branded as Paramount Network. The outlet reported Paramount Network has not aired any episodes of the show in recent weeks.
"COPS" came on Fox in 1989, according to Variety.
The news comes as protests, and in some cases lawlessness, have sprung up around the nation in the wake of the May 25 death of George Floyd in Minnesota.
Much discussion has recently turned to debates over issues pertaining to both policing and race in America.
News, Not Noise
- James Comey’s 'no clue' routine on Russia probe exposes an FBI in distress
- House Majority Leader expects quick passage of $2.2 trillion stimulus bill
- Peter King: 'McConnell doesn't know what he's talking about' opposing federal COVID aid for states
- Attorney demands Biden retract 'false accusation' that Kenosha shooter is 'white supremacist'
- Here's how Biden wants Commission on Presidential Debates to change format