Devin Nunes promises to protect Truth Social users from Biden Disinformation Czar
Biden's Disinformation Governance Board is a "direct attack" on Truth Social, Nunes said.
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
Trump Media and Technology Group CEO Devin Nunes on Sunday slammed the Biden administration for creating a Disinformation Governance Board and promised to protect Truth Social users from being canceled on the platform.
"Our goal and President Trump’s goal was to give the American people their voice back, and that’s what we’ve done... That’s why I think it’s so Orwellian, so dystopian, something you only see in dictatorships, that now they’re going to set up some type of disinformation board. I think that’s a direct attack the on what we are doing at Truth Social because we can no longer be canceled," former California Republican Rep. Nunes told Fox News' Maria Bartiromo.
"We’re going to protect our user from this... phony government disinformation service," he said.
Nunes criticized Disinformation Governance Board head Nina Jankowicz as "some D-rated TikTok star that is the queen of disinformation herself on the Russia hoax and the laptop from hell."
Jankowicz, who served as a disinformation fellow at the Wilson Center, in 2020 voiced her beliefs that the since-proven-true Hunter Biden laptop story was false while the since-proven-false Steele dossier on Donald Trump was true.
Her appointment, Nunes said, is "the height of hypocrisy."
"I know they may want to do it and they're going to use the Department of Homeland Security to do it, but we’re not going to tolerate it," he said.
Nunes added that he would "love to go appear before the Senate" and discuss censorship on social media if the government tries to crack down on his platform.
News, not Noise
- After battling bureaucrats throughout presidency, Trump gets last laugh against 'deep state'
- Supreme Court marshal appeals to Virginia, Maryland governors to help stop protests as DOJ demurs
- Twitter dismisses Clarence Thomas threat but censors peer-reviewed study on COVID vax and fertility
- White House adviser claims high gas prices necessary for 'future of the liberal world order'
- Defunding Wuhan: Congress quietly bans federal funds from labs in China, Russia and Iran