State prosecutors subpoena personal bank records of Trump Organization's chief financial officer
Prosecutors are also pursuing internal Trump Organization documents.
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
State prosecutors in Manhattan conducting a probe into former President Trump and his business have subpoenaed the personal bank records of the Trump Organization's chief financial officer Allen H. Weisselberg and are questioning gifts that Weisselberg and his relatives got from Trump, the New York Times has reported citing "people with knowledge of the matter."
The outlet indicated that prosecutors' recent focus on Weisselberg appears to represent an attempt to secure the man's cooperation: "Mr. Weisselberg, who has not been accused of wrongdoing, has overseen the Trump Organization's finances for decades and may hold the key to any possible criminal case in New York against the former president and his family business," the Times said.
Prosecutors are also pursuing internal Trump Organization documents: "Separately, the prosecutors are also seeking a new round of internal documents from the Trump Organization, including general ledgers from several of its more than two dozen properties that the company did not turn over last year, according to the people with knowledge of the matter, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss sensitive details," the Times reported.
Records have also been subpoenaed from banks at which Trump or his business had accounts including JPMorgan Chase and Capital One, the Times reported, citing "people with knowledge of subpoenas served on the banks."
News, Not Noise
- Outrage against Yale Law for punishing famed author/professor who backed Kavanaugh for SCOTUS
- Inside ISIS: Interrogation trove shows terror group's leader was a snitch
- Supreme Court lifts California’s pandemic ban on in-home religious gatherings
- Herschel Walker calls on colleges, businesses to stop asking for race on applications
- Angry liberals demand Breyer retire after justice warns against court packing