Trump applauds RNC censure of renegade Reps. Cheney, Kinzinger
RNC voted to censure Cheney and Kinzinger for participating in the Democrat-led House probe into the Jan. 6 Capitol riot.
Former President Donald Trump on Saturday evening applauded the Republican Party’s censure of Reps. Liz Cheney and Adam Kinzinger, saying the two renegade lawmakers had “put themselves ahead of our country.”
The Republican National Committee on Friday voted to formally censure Cheney and Kinzinger for their participation in the Democrat-led House committee's investigation into the Jan. 6 Capitol riot.
”Congratulations to the Republican National Committee (RNC) and its Chairwoman, Ronna McDaniel, on their great ruling in censuring Liz Cheney and Cryin’ Adam Kinzinger, two horrible RINOs who put themselves ahead of our Country” Trump said.
”They have almost no approval ratings, and the Republican Party would be far better off without them!”
The censure passed overwhelmingly at the RNC's annual winter meeting in Salt Lake City, Utah.
McDaniel worked with Trump ally David Bossie to draw up the resolution.
"The passing of the Bossie resolution is a tremendous victory for true Republicans who are already subpoenaed by Pelosi's Witch-hunt Jan 6th Select Committee and a defeat for traitor to our constitutional republic Liz Cheney," RNC member Solomon Yue said.
McDaniel said about the censure: "We've had two members engage in a Democrat-led persecution of ordinary citizens who engaged in legitimate political discourse. This has gone beyond their original intent. They are not sticking up for hard-working Republicans."
Just News, No Noise
- FBI agent's testimony implicates headquarters brass in social media censorship
- Top Republican on House Ways and Means urges colleagues to aim for a short-term spending bill
- Two RNC committeemen call for McDaniel to drop out of election for party chair
- Country singer John Rich announces alternative to liberal, cancel culture banks - 'Old Glory Bank'
- Rep. James Comer flips Democrat 'quid pro quo' impeachment argument on to Joe Biden