Trump tells Arizona attorney general to 'put himself in gear' and help with Maricopa ballot audit
"Lackluster Attorney General of Arizona, Mark Brnovich has to ... catch up with the great Republican Patriots in the Arizona State Senate," Trumps said.
President Trump on Saturday accused the Arizona attorney general of spending too much time self-promoting and not enough time supports "the great Republican Patriots in the Arizona state Senate" who are conducting an audit of the 2020 presidential election that Trump lost.
Trump said in a statement Attorney General Mark Brnovich "never mentions the Crime of the Century, that took place during the 2020 Presidential Election, which was Rigged and Stolen" while he is "on television promoting himself."
The statement is similar to numerous, similar ones Trump has made about losing last year's election because of widespread voting fraud.
The Republican-controlled Arizona Senate has order an audit of election results in the state's Maricopa County. Trump in 2020 lost the once-GOP-reliable county and state.
Below is the full statement:
News, not Noise
- 'The numbers are skewed': Colorado officials warn of inflated COVID death statistics
- Fauci reconsideration of natural immunity used against Michigan State COVID vaccine mandate
- Trump takes apparent swipe at National Guard deployment for 'J6' rally amid border surge
- Robin Hood in reverse? Democrats plan $12,500 tax credits for pricey electric car purchases
- Bill Maher argues 0.81% of New Yorkers pay half the city's taxes, slams 'tax the rich' slogan