Trump spars with Christie over 2024 election prediction
Christie said he's "the target of Donald Trump’s new tantrum."
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
Former President Donald Trump and former New Jersey GOP Gov. Chris Christie got into a heated social media exchange Sunday Christie suggested on TV that Trump couldn't beat President Biden in a 2024 rematch.
"I don't think so," Christie said on ABC's "This Week.
Trump slammed Christie hours later in a Truth Social post.
"'Sloppy' Chris Christie, the failed former Governor of New Jersey, spent almost his entire last year in office campaigning in New Hampshire for the Republican Nomination for President. Much like his term in office, where he left with an Approval Rating of just 9%, his Presidential campaign was a complete disaster," Trump wrote.
"He endorsed me the following day, later recommended Chris Wray for the FBI (how did that work out?), went down in flames, and then was SALVAGED by ABC FAKE NEWS. I never wanted him!"
Christie addressed Trump's comments in a Twitter post later in the day.
"I’m the target of Donald Trump’s new tantrum," he tweeted. "None of his lies about me today bothered him when he asked me to prep him for every general election debate or offered me 3 different cabinet posts. He’s the only man to lose to Biden outside Delaware. That loss to Joe still stings."
Just News, No Noise
- Key congressman to Dems: ‘Government does not have the right to hunt Donald Trump’
- Signature verification software used by Maricopa County says 10% is 'high-confidence' match
- Douglass Mackey found guilty of election interference in 2016 for anti-Clinton memes
- GOP Sen. Graham suggests Trump commit crimes to avoid NY indictment
- Feds give pass to Stanford, Harvard Med for racial discrimination favoring blacks