Trump warns Republicans on Democrats' effort to 'completely change America' through reconciliation
Trump urged Republicans to deny Democrats a quorum to stop them from using reconciliation.
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
Former President Donald Trump sent a warning to Republicans on Wednesday, alleging that Democrats are trying to “completely change America" through reconciliation.
"Republicans must take seriously the effort by Democrats to completely change America through the Reconciliation Process," Trump said in a statement. "Republicans must push back for the sake of our Country and, far less importantly, the sake of the Republican Party!"
The former president argued that Democrats suggest using reconciliation to pass mail-in-ballot laws. Earlier in the month, Sen. Amy Klobuchar suggested that reconciliation be used to pass the Democrat-backed For The People Act, an expanded voting measure, according to the Associated Press.
"Any effort to dictate national Mail-In Voting will be a disaster for our Country and for conservatism," Trump said, adding that if it’s passed, "there will never be a Republican elected to high office again."
Trump then urged Republicans to "fight this" and to "deny Democrats a quorum if that is what it takes to make sure that the Democrats can’t use reconciliation."
Just News, No Noise
- CDC issues warning of deadly bacteria with 50% fatality rate coming from the U.S. Gulf Coast
- Wisconsin Congressman says there will be unity for getting Joe Biden out of office
- Marjorie Taylor Greene reveals contents of Biden bribery doc
- Liz Harrington says the American people crave common sense, Trump is top pick
- Plainclothes cops at Capitol during Jan. 6 riot, one on video exhorting crowd, key lawmaker says