You Vote: Should Trump return to Twitter or stick with Truth Social?
Elon Musk restored the former president's Twitter account.
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
Elon Musk over the weekend restored Donald Trump's Twitter account, causing outrage among the former president's opponents and elation among many of his supporters.
However, Trump has said he intends just to post to his social media platform, Truth Social, and not return to Twitter.
Trump's return to Twitter, where he has significantly more followers, would likely undercut his investment in building Truth Social.
According to a May filing, Trump is "generally obligated to make any social media post on Truth Social and may not make the same post on another social media site for 6 hours. Thereafter he is free to post on any site to which he has access."
However, there's potentially this wiggle room for the former president: "In addition, he may make a post from a personal account related to political messaging, political fundraising, or get-out-the-vote efforts on any social media site at any time."
What do you want to see: Trump return to Twitter or stick with Truth Social exclusively? Here's your chance to weigh in:
Just News, No Noise
- Article III Project founder believes Jim Jordan has no intention of holding Big Tech accountable
- Arrest warrant out for Cincinnati Bengals running back Joe Mixon: reports
- 'Little to no difference': Massive mask meta-study undermines remaining COVID mandates
- Long COVID hotbed? CDC jeered for non-peer-reviewed study of pricey university near White House
- Raskin's office: GOP telling congressman to remove head scarf amid cancer battle misunderstanding