DoorDash to deliver COVID-19 test kits
DoorDash customers can order COVID-19 tests, have them delivered, then get results within 48 hours.
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
The food delivery company DoorDash will start allowing drivers to deliver COVID-19 test kits to customers, as part of a partnership with two health care companies.
Vault Health's kit costs $119, and Everlywell's costs $109, according to a DoorDash's statement.
"Vault makes diagnostic testing easy, comfortable, and very fast across the US. Our partnership with DoorDash unlocks same-day access to our easy to collect saliva COVID test, allowing a patient to spit into a tube and receive their results in 24 hours," said Vault Health founder and CEO Jason Feldman.
The program will be begin in 20 U.S. cities including cities of Baltimore, Chicago, Houston, Las Vegas, Phoenix and San Diego.
Dr. Marisa Cruz, head of Clinical Affairs at Everlywell, called the partnership a "significant step forward for public health."
DoorDash announced in February its plans to provide 30,000 virus test kits at a discount to restaurant owners, according to The Hill.
News, not Noise
- Judge strikes down California's quota for women on corporate boards
- On eve of primary, Dr. Oz non-committal on 2020 election irregularities
- Michael Flynn files $50 million claim against feds in prelude to lawsuit over Russia probe
- Arkansas election officials muffed GOP Senate candidate’s name, he sued them and won
- Trump support of Dr. Oz puts kingmaker status to the test in 3-way Pennsylvania GOP primary race