Hundreds descend on Times Square as part of global vaccine protests, point finger at Biden
Event was part of the "World Wide Rally For Freedom" held in cities around globe.
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
Hundreds of protesters demonstrated this weekend in New York City's Times Square over vaccine mandate requirements.
Protesters waved flags and signs at the event Saturday with many of them chanting against mandatory vaccines.
The event was part of the "World Wide Rally For Freedom" held in cities around the globe, according to Fox News. A Twitter post shows protesters in Australia clashing with police. Protesters worldwide are also concerned about other related issues, including so-called vaccine "passports" and the potential for future lockdowns.
In Times Square, a female protester at one point got on a stage and told President Biden that she had lost her patience with him, prompting chants of "F--- Joe Biden" from the crowd, Fox also reports.
"We will push back against widespread propaganda, by producing our own media, and advancing our own narrative, instead of succumbing to the one being pushed on us," the event organizer says on its website, Fox also reports.
"We will not accept the rampant politicization of science and medicine, and we will return these institutions to being neutral sources of information for the benefit of society, over government and corporate interests."
News, not Noise
- Department of Justice issues stinging rebuke of Biden's hope of Jan. 6 prosecutions
- 'Let's Go Brandon': Mischievous meme mocks fake news and a failing presidency
- Liberal comedian Jon Stewart scolds media for blaming Trump for nation's divisiveness
- College withheld exonerating evidence from student who went to prison for sexual assault
- Joke anti-Biden song 'Let's Go Brandon' goes viral, hits #1 on iTunes hip-hop chart