Biden says MAGA movement is 'like semi-fascism'
Biden made comment at Democrat fundraiser in Bethesda, Maryland, part of suburban Washington, D.C.
President Biden on Thursday night criticized the Republican Party's "Make America Great Again" wing aligned with former President Trump and his administration, saying it's "like semi-fascism."
Biden made the comment at a Democrat fundraiser in Bethesda, Maryland, part of suburban Washington, D.C., according to NBC News.
"What we’re seeing now is the beginning or the death knell of an extreme MAGA philosophy," Biden reportedly said. "It’s not just Trump, it’s the entire philosophy that underpins the – I’m going to say something, it’s like semi-fascism."
The event was followed by a rally Biden headlined at a high school in the nearby city of Rockville, in what is now the backstretch of this year's midterm elections that conclude in November.
A spokesman for the Republican National Committee, Nathan Brand, called Biden remark "despicable," the news outlet also reports.
Just News, No Noise
- CDC walks back COVID guidance again, finds lasting post-vaccine heart problems in young adults
- Is FBI using security clearances to muzzle critics? Whistleblower's lawyer says yes
- FBI whistleblower's wife suspended from Facebook after sending a private message
- Old case over audio tapes in Bill Clinton's sock drawer could impact Mar-a-Lago search dispute
- New Hampshire AG orders Democrats to pull back mailers