Georgia certifies then decertifies recount results
The certification remains expected later today
The Georgia Secretary of State issued a correction Friday afternoon, saying this state is still completing the certification process, despite an earlier announcement that the state had certified an electoral victory for Joe Biden.
Brad Raffensperger, the Republican Secretary of State, said he expects the certification will be complete later on Friday.
Joe Biden continues his transition effort, as he plans Friday to meet with top congressional Democrats.
President Trump, conversely, continues to pursue his bid to reverse the results of the election. He has invited top Republican leaders from Michigan to meet with him at the White House.
News, Not Noise
- FBI feared foreign power was targeting money to Clinton before 2016 campaign, memos show
- Were Pelosi, McConnell warned of potential violence before Capitol riot? Offices remain mum
- Trump to lead national election integrity drive as first post-presidential move, says adviser
- Man who admits hitting police with bat in Capitol riot reportedly said, 'I'm not here for Trump'
- Federal judge blocks Obamacare mandate that compels doctors to perform gender reassignment surgery