Georgia declares Biden the winner of its 16 electoral votes
After certifying, then pulling back, Georgia certifies for Biden.
The Georgia Secretary of State has again certified Joe Biden as the winner of the state’s 16 electoral votes on Friday.
Earlier in the day the secretary of state issued a correction after having previously certified Biden as the winner, saying that they were still completing the certification process.
The state conducted an audit of the nearly five million votes cast. During the audit, several thousand previously unreported ballots were found. While they favored President Trump, they were not enough to change the winner of the state’s electoral votes.
President Trump continues to refuse to concede defeat, and has mounted legal challenges in a number of states that he lost.
News, Not Noise
- Group files emergency petition in Wisconsin after finding 150,000 potentially fraudulent ballots
- Sidney Powell plans to file Georgia election-related lawsuit 'no later than tomorrow'
- Trump team wins hearings in Arizona, Michigan and Pennsylvania legislatures on election concerns
- Trump campaign adviser: DOJ 'asleep at the wheel' amid systemic election fraud allegations
- Media said Trump's COVID-19 vaccine prediction would take 'miracle.' They were wrong.