Georgia declares Biden the winner of its 16 electoral votes
After certifying, then pulling back, Georgia certifies for Biden.
The Georgia Secretary of State has again certified Joe Biden as the winner of the state’s 16 electoral votes on Friday.
Earlier in the day the secretary of state issued a correction after having previously certified Biden as the winner, saying that they were still completing the certification process.
The state conducted an audit of the nearly five million votes cast. During the audit, several thousand previously unreported ballots were found. While they favored President Trump, they were not enough to change the winner of the state’s electoral votes.
President Trump continues to refuse to concede defeat, and has mounted legal challenges in a number of states that he lost.
News, Not Noise
- Once-secret FBI informant reports reveal wider-ranging operation to spy on Trump campaign
- As Sen. Manchin opposes Tanden nomination, Klain says 'he doesn't answer to us at the White House'
- More than two dozen House Democrats ask Biden to relinquish sole authority to launch nuclear weapons
- GOP Rep: 'Should MSNBC be carried after years of pushing the false Russia collusion narrative?'
- Amazon quietly ends sales of books it labels 'hate speech'