Former Clinton press secretary Lockhart tells Biden 'don't debate Trump'
'It's a fool's errand to enter the ring with someone who can't follow the rules or the truth' - former White House press secretary Joe Lockhart
Former White House press secretary Joe Lockhart is urging Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden to not debate President Trump, suggesting the president won’t follow the rules or speak the truth.
Lockhart, a press secretary in the Clinton administration, made his argument last week in a op-ed in CNN.com
The July 28 op-ed titled “Joe Biden could still lose this election” offers six tips for Biden including one that reads: “Whatever you do, don't debate Trump.”
“Trump has now made more than 20,000 misleading or false statements according to the Washington Post,” Lockhart writes. “It's a fool's errand to enter the ring with someone who can't follow the rules or the truth. Biden will undoubtedly take heat from Republicans and the media for skipping the debates. But it's worth the risk as trying to debate someone incapable of telling the truth is an impossible contest to win.”
There are now three presidential debates scheduled:
- Sept. 29 at Case Western Reserve University and Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland.
- Oct. 15 at the Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts, Miami
- Oct. 22 at Belmont University, in Nashville, Tennessee
News, Not Noise
- Outrage against Yale Law for punishing famed author/professor who backed Kavanaugh for SCOTUS
- Inside ISIS: Interrogation trove shows terror group's leader was a snitch
- Supreme Court lifts California’s pandemic ban on in-home religious gatherings
- Herschel Walker calls on colleges, businesses to stop asking for race on applications
- Angry liberals demand Breyer retire after justice warns against court packing