Author J.D. Vance wins Ohio GOP Senate primary, as Trump endorsement prevails again
Vance was endorsed by former President Donald Trump
Ohio Senate Candidate J.D. Vance, an author and venture capitalist, is projected to win the Republican primary on Tuesday evening, according to the Associated Press.
Vance steadily climbed in the polls after he was recently endorsed by former President Donald Trump.
His primary opponents included former Ohio State Treasurer Josh Mandel and former Ohio state Sen. Matt Dolan.
Vance had captured 31% of the vote in the three-way race with 75% of precincts reporting when the wire service called the race.
He will now face Democrat congressman Tim Ryan in the general election for the seat of retiring GOP Sen. Rob Portman.
Trump endorsed Vance, author of "Hillbilly Elegy," on April 15, about two weeks before primary day, with Vance running third in most polls in and low on campaign funds, which significantly increased with the former president's backing.
Just News, No Noise
- Article III Project founder believes Jim Jordan has no intention of holding Big Tech accountable
- Arrest warrant out for Cincinnati Bengals running back Joe Mixon: reports
- Air Force sounds alarm about Chinese land buy on doorstep of key air, space base in North Dakota
- Raskin's office: GOP telling congressman to remove head scarf amid cancer battle misunderstanding
- 'Little to no difference': Massive mask meta-study undermines remaining COVID mandates