RNC sets fundraising record in March in drive to retake Congress
The group said 84% of the money raised in March came from small-dollar donations, $200 or less.
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
The Republican National Committee raised $17.8 million last month, marking the group's best off-cycle March fundraising effort.
The group raised a total $44.4 million in the first quarter of 2021, another fundraising record, according to figures obtained by Fox News and reported Tuesday.
"Every dollar we raise is a stand against Biden and Congressional Democrats' serial record of failure in office," RNC Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel said. "Our supporters' generous contributions allow us to pursue our mission, which includes promoting an America-first agenda."
The RNC raised $16.3 million in January and $10.4 million in February. The group said 84% of the money raised in March came from small-dollar donations, $200 or less.
In comparison, the Democratic National Committee raised $18.4 million during the first two months of the year and has yet to release its fundraising amounts for March. At the start of the year, the DNC said it had $43 million in cash, while the RNC said it had roughly $80 million.
News, Not Noise
- House Republicans ask Secretary of State for documents related to Wuhan coronavirus lab
- New NASA head pledges to shoot for Trump 2024 deadline of putting another man on the moon
- Arizona Senate, Maricopa Co. mull next steps in standoff over routers subpoenaed in vote audit
- Fauci's agency spent over $400k on experiments grafting aborted fetal scalps onto mice and rats
- Minnesota school district adopts Black Lives Matter slogan as privileged 'government speech'